Welcome to the YMCA Center for Civic Engagement
Home of Model UN and Youth in Government!
The YMCA Center for Civic Engagement is a statewide leadership development program designed to allow students ages 11-19 to experience the processes of government in a hands-on way. Students in the program have the opportunity to engage in mock governments at the state, national and international levels.
If you're already a participating school, you'll find the links you need for downloads on the menu to the left.
For new visitors, we hope you'll take a few moments to use the links to General Information to learn more about the program and the opportunities it provides to more than 3,000 high school and middle school students in our state. The Center for Civic Engagement is proud to host the second largest program of its kind in the nation as we strive to teach the values of Democracy to each generation.
Important Updates and Deadlines
Youth in Government 2013
- May 3, 2013 » Middle School Conference A
- May 10, 2013 » Middle School Conference B
Model United Nations 2013
- November 14-17, 2013 » Conference A
- November 21-24, 2013 » Conference B
- November TBA, 2013 » Middle School Conference A
- November TBA, 2013 » Middle School Conference B
Youth in Government 2014
- March 27-30, 2014 » Conference A
- April 10-13, 2014 » Conference B
- May TBA, 2014 » Middle School Conference A
- May TBA, 2014 » Middle School Conference B